Why Glee Sucks

Posted by on Wednesday

As many of you probably don't care about, over my years of being an overall horrible person I have seen many atrocious things happen to the music industry. The problem with our world is the soul-reaping disgust of our generation; Glee.


I will admit to you all when the series first came out I was obsessed. Mainly because I had no friends and nothing better to do on a Tuesday night than watch a bunch of pitchy "highschoolers" sing about pregnancy, racism, and homosexuality. I was in love until I realized, 'Hey, doesn't it kind of suck these actors are getting paid to collectively sing shitty rip-off musical numbers of what was once a good song?' That's when I turned off my television, deleted my iTunes Glee playlist, and sat in the fetal position in utter displacement from witnessing the death of music as we know it.

Now, let's start with the show. They all decide to join in a Glee club and Sue Sylvester (who I will only respect because Jane Lynch is amazing and was Ricky Bobby's mother in Talledega Nights) tries to ruin their club and seek world domination for her cheerleading cult.
Basically by the end of the 2nd season they ruined every godforsaken song they have ever covered (Asides from Madonna, they improved on that one only slightly).

Dave Grohl crying because he thought about Glee
                                        
I think the worst part about this is the fandom. Normally, I applaud fans that are able to enjoy great television shows. Even the bad ones, you like it, whatever. But Glee is different. Because of the 'Glee Movement', now every person believes they can sing. After season 2 premiered, there were a good 20 status updates on my Facebook asking people to check out the song they covered on YouTube. The only good thing about that was they all sucked at singing and it made me feel better about myself.

The other thing is the fact that many who listen to Glee music have no idea what the actual original song sounded like. Example:
Idiot Gleek: "Wow, I love that Glee song 'Don't Stop Believin'', sooooooo good."
Me: *facepalm*
(Note: This conversation actually happened and it was one of the saddest days of my life.)

Please... If you're reading this. Just know: Glee sucks. That's all I can say. That and don't eat Cheetos at 1 am. It gives you a headache.

Peace,
MK

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.